9 Which is the competent authority to turn to in cases of disputes and other legal issues?

The Greek courts have jurisdiction to decide on disputes relating to couples of different nationality where the Greek private international law states so, in other words when the case has a substantial connection with Greece.

Generally, there is jurisdiction of Greek courts when the defendant has his/her permanent residence in Greece. In case the defendant has no permanent residence neither in Greece nor abroad, the court of the district of his/her residence is competent (Art. 3 and 22 and the following of the Code of Civil Procedure).

In case of matrimonial issues also the court of the district of the spouses' last common residence is competent (Art. 39 Code of Civil Procedure). Greek courts are always competent for parties having the Greek nationality (Art. 611 and 612 Code of Civil Procedure).