9 Which is the competent authority to turn to in cases of disputes and other legal issues?

International jurisdiction in divorce cases is regulated by (EC) Regulation No. 2201/2003 (Brussels IIbis Regulation). As regards deciding cases deriving purely from matrimonial property regimes, the German courts will have jurisdiction internationally provided that a German court has territorial jurisdiction (§ 105 FamFG). In particular, a court before which a matrimonial lawsuit is already pending will have territorial jurisdiction. Moreover, the court at the defendant spouse’s customary place of the residence will generally have jurisdiction (§ 262 FamFG).