9 Which is the competent authority to turn to in cases of disputes and other legal issues?

The Family Courts are the only competent authority with respect to matrimonial property disputes. They have international jurisdiction so long as either of the parties has resided for at least three months in Cyprus prior to the matrimonial petition being filed.