9 Which is the competent authority to turn to in cases of disputes and other legal issues?

Matrimonial matters fall under the jurisdiction of Bulgarian courts if one of the spouses is a Bulgarian citizen or is habitually residing in Bulgaria. Under the same Article 7 of the CPIL, the Bulgarian courts have jurisdiction in matters of personal and property relations between spouses.

The competent regional court is the court in the region in which the defendant has his/her habitual residence (Art. 105 Code of Civil Procedure).